The FIRN PhD Job Market initiative seeks to connect job market ready PhD students to recruiting institutions across the region. The program:
- allows potential employers to begin conversations with candidates before positions are formally listed.
- offers a one-stop gateway for both
PhDcandidates on the job market and recruitment teams looking for new hires.
PhDcandidates a better sense of local demand for their skills and the opportunity to tailor applications accordingly.
- offers a regional approach to the recruitment process which could save money and time for recruitment teams. FIRN aims to help promote new hire opportunities at institutions across Australia, New Zealand, South-East Asia and Asia.
- offers a standing invitation to regional institutions to attend the FIRN annual meetings and use this opportunity as a local meeting opportunity for recruitment teams and institutional representatives.
- The FIRN annual meetings are scheduled the second week in November yearly which sits well within the recruitment calendar as it is after the FMA and before the AFA meetings thus may help eliminate excess time
and travelcosts for candidates within the region.